Survey Finds Short Sales Outnumber REO in January Purchases Lenders Make No material improvement latest survey finds erosion in REALTORS(R)’ satisfaction with lenders LOS ANGELES, Aug 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) — More REALTORS(R) characterized closing short-sale transactions as "difficult" or "extremely difficult" than late last year, indicating that lenders’ and servicers’ short-sale procedures have shown little improvement in the past six months.What a Trump administration means for real estate · What does President Trump mean for housing? It’s early days in President Donald Trump’s administration, but he’s already moving fast to make changes in the housing market.
· Pennsylvania’s treasury department is accusing about a dozen large financial firms of working together to illegally inflate the price of bonds issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac over seven years. A federal court filing by Pennsylvania Treasurer.
The insiders: Roll Call’s people to watch in 2019 – But he doesn’t believe the committee should. saying Calabria and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin both signed off on the idea of taking unilateral executive action to end the Fannie/Freddie.
· Wall Street Journal – worldwide news briefs For September 19, 2006 September 19, 2006 Posted by notapundit in Main, US News, World News. add a comment. THE THAI MILITARY LAUNCHED a coup against Prime Minister Thaksin, circling his offices with tanks, seizing control of TV stations and declaring a provisional authority pledging loyalty to the king.
Just because the net worth sweep was illegal and is illegal doesn’t mean. on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, trumpeting them as failures. To do so he often refers to Ed Pinto’s work. Along the same.
A week ago HousingWire first reported that former Fannie Mae CFO J. Tim Howard was hired by Fairholme Funds in their lawsuit against the U.S. Treasury, and now the government is arguing against.
· GSE Shareholder fairholme describes maximum Delay Discovery Rigmarole Fairholme is trying to get the government to produce documents that the government doesn’t want to produce and a judge in the court of claims ordered to be produced. The government appealed the judges order and Fairholme filed their response in support of Judge Sweeney’s order suggesting.
Roubini Sees `Silent’ Run on Banks, Urges `Triage’: Bloomberg Radio· October 1st, 2008 · Share This Print You can listen here to an audio of a 44 minutes interview that I gave on Bloomberg Radio yesterday September 30 th.I will elaborate later today on the rising risk of the “mother of all bank runs”, i.e. the risk of a run on the uninsured.
· ”Siphoning off all earnings to the US Treasury unnecessarily puts both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in danger of failure once again,” wrote ICBA CEO Camden Fine on Nov. 4.
Kraninger: Department of Education refusing to cooperate with CFPB The U.S. Department of Education has refused to cooperate with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, according to CFPB Director Kathy Kraninger. Kraninger recently sent a letter to Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-MA, in response to the senator’s questions about the bureau’s efforts to protect student loan borrowers through its oversight of student loan servicers.
· Mnuchin is said to favor a recapitalization and release of Fannie and Freddie, returning the GSE’s structure. want to expand Fannie and. major investors in the GSE’s stock that has.
FHA mortgage insurance premiums won’t be going down in 2015 · Unlike private mortgage insurance (pmi), which has a range of costs depending on the borrower’s credit score and down payment, FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums (MIP) go by down payment only. Borrowers with less than a 5% down payment are charged 0.85% of the outstanding loan amount each year, while borrowers with more than a 5% down payment are.Todd Mobraten announces resignation from USRES, RES.NET The agreement between RE/MAX and RES.NET, announced in February, provides RE/MAX agents direct access to RES.NET’s cloud-based platform and enables them to better cultivate relationships and manage transactions, dramatically improving the experience for consumers.Pending home sales hit two-year high: NAR Contracts to buy previously owned U.S. homes rose to their highest level in three years in April, but a shortage of properties for sale could slow down the momentum. Pending home sales hit three.